Oh my goodness, do I have a fantastic recipe to share today! Seriously, this recipe is so simple and delicious and gorgeous. Total winner right here.
But first, a little back story. The inspiration behind this sangria came from one of our fantastic NYC weekends this summer (read more here). Two of our three weekend trips were spent at the Eventi Hotel, which we love big time (more on that here). The Eventi has a complimentary wine hour every night on a rooftop terrace with perfect views of the Empire State Building. During our first trip, we missed the wine hour, but I was obsessed with the cucumber water that they had in the lobby. So refreshing! During our second trip, we made it to the wine hour and, much to my surprise, they had made sangria with cucumber! I was in heaven!
The entire time I was enjoying my glass of sangria that evening, I was thinking about how I would recreate it when I got home. The result of the recreation was sangria that had the same cucumber notes, but also pulled in some refreshing hints of lime and fresh mint.
This recipe is super simple to throw together. Just add lime and cucumber slices to white wine, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. No need to muddle the ingredients. No added sugar. Just white wine naturally infused with refreshing flavors.
My one regret is that I didn’t discover this sangria sooner in the summer! But if I had to choose one drink to sip as the summer slips away, this would be the one for sure. Enjoy!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 limes, sliced
- ½ large cucumber, sliced and halved
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda for serving
- Mint for garnishing
- Add the white wine and lime and cucumber slices to a container with a lid (No need to muddle the cucumbers or limes in this recipe. Their flavors will shine through without this step). Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, strain the sangria to remove any cucumber or lime particles that may be floating in the liquid. Equally distribute sangria between 8 wine glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and slices of cucumber and limes. Top each glass with about ¼ cup of lemon-lime soda. Serve immediately. Enjoy!