I’ll be honest – I don’t care much about professional football. Actually, professional sports in general just aren’t my thing. I prefer college sports. (Although the Carolina Panthers have been pretty exciting to watch this year!)
Regardless, I can totally get on board with the Super Bowl because of all the snacks!!
So many dips and chips and wings and pizza. It’s just so heavenly.
We’ll be having a low-key Super Bowl feast at home this year, and while my menu isn’t finalized, I can guarantee that these delicious, tiny Phyllo Pizza Bites will be making an appearance.
I made pizza using puff pastry for crust a few weeks ago after seeing this recipe. It was delicious and unique and something that I wanted to have again. So after seeing a bunch of filling ideas for mini phyllo shells in last month’s Food Network Magazine, I knew I just had to try making pizza bites!
These little guys are bite-size, flaky, easy to prepare, and totally customizable. Make a bunch or make a few, it’s totally up to you! I made ours with mini pepperoni slices this time, but you can throw tiny portions of all of your favorite toppings in there.
These are ready in 15 minutes, so you can toss them in the oven right before the Super Bowl fun begins. No slaving away in the kitchen for hours before your guests arrive or waiting forever for your pizza delivery.
What’s on you Super Bowl menu this year?
Check out some of my other Super Bowl snack ideas on my Super Bowl Pinterest board!
- 15 mini phyllo shells (such as Athens brand)
- 2.5 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano, for sprinkling
- Dried basil, for sprinkling
- 45 mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place phyllo shells on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Fill each mini phyllo shell with ½ teaspoon fresh ricotta, a heaping ¼ teaspoon marinara sauce, a sprinkling of grated mozzarella, a dusting of grated parmesan, a pinch of each dried oregano and dried basil, and top with 3 mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!