I have a little sunshine for your cold(ish) winter days, and it’s in smoothie form!
This is the first year in 8 years that we haven’t taken a tropical vacation in the middle of winter, and, even though it’s been unseasonably warm here the past few days, I’ve been dreaming of the sun’s warm rays, a beach, and a frozen tropical drink.
While the beach may be out of reach, the tropical drink is not. What’s even better is that this drink tastes like dessert, but is so good for you and is totally acceptable for breakfast!
I’ve been enjoying smoothies for breakfast quite often lately thanks to actually having a blender that blends now. After years of blended drinks that were both watered down and ice chunk-laden, I finally learned what it was like to be able to create a perfectly blended beverage at home. And it’s all thanks to the Blendtec that Santa gave me!
Now that I have the ability to make perfectly-blended smoothies in less than 1 minute, I can’t be stopped! My favorite creation to date is definitely this Piña Colada Smoothie.
Toasted coconut Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk are blended with frozen pineapple and banana chunks to make one thick, velvety, protein-packed smoothie.
If you want to get extra fancy, like during a brunch date with friends, top your smoothies with toasted coconut flakes garnish the glass with pineapple wedges – so fun!
I’ll be sipping on this smoothie all the way to summer!
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container Oikos Toasted Coconut Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or other coconut-flavored Greek yogurt)
- ½ cup milk (I used vanilla-flavored almond milk*)
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits, frozen
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- Optional: toasted coconut and pineapple slices for topping
- Add ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to cup and top with toasted coconut shavings and pineapple slices, if desired.