Oh, hey! Long time, no see, friends! Totally my fault. Life has been hectic around here lately and we’ve been eating a lot of really unexciting things as a result, meaning there haven’t been any recipes worth sharing. These Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies are totally the exception, however.
Regular no-bake cookies were a huge hit at our football party a few weeks back, so they were fresh on my mind when I discovered this Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter at Trader Joe’s. Speaking of TJ’s, have you been there recently? Apparently they have 40 pumpkin-flavored items this year. 40! You can’t walk 3 feet in that store without running into a new pumpkin concoction, and I’m okay with that.
Anyhoo, no-bake cookies take minutes to whip up, so I bought that cookie butter, marched right home, and made a batch of Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies. These little babies are the perfect blend of pumpkin spice and chocolate in one tiny, chewy bite!
Now, I admit that no-bakes are certainly not the prettiest cookie around. Close your eyes while eating, if you must. In my experience, there’s really no need to worry about these little guys hanging out in your cookie jar for too long. They’ll be gobbled up by the end of the day!
Happy pumpkin season to you, my friends!
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, cookie butter, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour the hot mixture into the mixing bowl with oat mixture. Stir all ingredients until well combined.
- Drop no-bake mixture by the teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on how big you want your cookies to be) onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow cookies to sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, approximately 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.