Umm hi Friday. Where have you been all week?! This week has been so slow and so fast all at the same time, and while next week is going to be crazy busy, I am so excited for this weekend to finally be here!
Louisville’s annual Buy Local Fair is happening at the Louisville Water Tower Park this Sunday and I am so excited about it! Live music, yummy food, and lots of local business owners and their awesome products…what’s not to love?
It seems as though the warm weather is here to stay and that means it’s high time for a sangria date with your favorite ladies. And guess what? I have the perfect sangria recipe for you. First of all, this sangria is so fun because it’s pink. Plus also, there is an amazing variety of fruit (don’t you just love the apple pieces from a pitcher of sangria?! I think they’re my favorite) and the whole thing is sweetened with agave nectar. Oh, and hello tequila! I mean really, what’s not to love about this sangria recipe?
You bring the snacks, I’ll bring the sangria pitcher.
Happy weekend, friends!
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds, seeds removed
- 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds, seeds removed
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup agave nectar syrup
- ½ cup gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (I used Espiral Vinho Verde, available at Trader Joe’s…so tasty!)
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 3 ounces blackberries
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into small chunks
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite Zero)
- Place the lemon and lime slices, along with the mint, in the bottom of a large pitcher. Use a muddler to mash them together.
- Add the agave syrup, tequila, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the raspberries, blackberries, and apple and top with white wine. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- To serve, divide fruit between glasses (I like to strain out the lemon and lime slices, as well as the mint leaves and only divide the apple slices and berries between glasses). Pour in sangria and top with ¼ cup lemon-lime soda. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig, if desired. Serve immediately.